Tuesday, March 08, 2005

"So, uh, Kevin..."

So Nick and I went to see Kevin Smith Q & A in Piccadilly yesterday. The event was being filmed for the 'Evening Harder' DVD and your boy asked Silent Bob a question (The second of the night) It wasn't the greatest question in the world and I was incredibly nervous because a) I was standing on the balcony and I'm not great with hieghts and b) It was Kevin Smith. I may appear on the DVD too as I had to sign a release form. We shall see.
It was a fun old time.

http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/news/newsstory.asp?news_id=16612

Story from Empire. The 'Meet Joe Black' reference in the article but came from the question I asked.

Anyway, I'm back from Limbo.

How are you?

8 comments:

Simon Downes said...

Did you ask him when he's next going to make a decent film? I haven't been able to bring myself to watch jersey girl yet.

Christopher D. Bate said...

It's awful. Even he thinks so.

You've Got What I Need... said...

I went to one of those Q & A things that was headlined by the boys from South Park, and Nathan Lane. It was a very odd event.

I'm glad that you're back, Christopher, but how did that conversation with yourself turn out?

Peas on Toast said...

Hi Chris! You saw Kevin Smith? See us South Africans who see no serious celebs, excpet when Oprah comes to town, really get excited about these things. Even if he does make crappy movies.

Christopher D. Bate said...

Ho--I'm sure he has some good shit to come. You can spot me on the DVD when it comes out (If they decide to include me). I've missed you too. Excuse me, I have something in my eye.

YGWIN--A verbal slap was just what I needed. I had to sort things out. Women....you drive me crazy! I'm okay now.

Laurian--But he does put on a good show. Better than Oprah. He'll always have my respect because of 'Clerks'.

Stephanie said...

Do you think that it was a better discussion than what appeared in the American DVD? I can imagine that a UK audience would ask different questions. I am super envious. :)

Stephanie

Christopher D. Bate said...

It was a lot less WOOOOOO! and YEAAAH! and more relaxed and people didn't ask questions like 'wanna party with us?' or 'Can I suck you off?'. He was interested in British culture. Chavs and all that.
Thats how he introduced Jason Mewes.
It should be an interesting DVD. There was another diatribe about Prince which was great.
He hung out at the bar after but we had to scoot. Shame.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » »

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...