Monday, August 22, 2005

Festival Frolicals
































































I'm both tired and wired as I write this so please bare with me. I'm in one of those post-festival stupors where I'm in between tired and restless, I'm sun burned and feeling a little flat. Isn't it funny how you look forward to going home for a good shower and decent food but when you're back, showered and shaved, you wish you were stuck in a messy field with your nearest and dearest, eating rancid, over priced grub whilst watching a band?
My ploy to kidnap Franz Ferdinand failed. I caught Maroon 5 in a big net but I decided to throw them back. So how was my fest? Pretty awesome.
I did have reservations about the line-up but if I scratched the surface and found many a hidden treasure. The Frames were an awesome band that blew me away (Not literally) and got me making a 'To Buy' list.
El Presidente were great as were Tom Vek, Franz Ferdinand, Presidents Of The United States and The Polyphonic Spree ruled. They were awesome fun. I want to join their cult.
I'll play bongos.

I missed Josh Rouse thanks to a shedule mess up. I caught the very end when he left the stage early because of a broken string. I got to the front and was feeling pretty pleased until a girl who looked like Corinna's doppleganger told me he'd just finished. I was gutted because I'd gone off on my own to see him. She gave me an satsuma to ease the blow. After having a chat with a very nice bunch of people (And Corinna's clone) I went off to see The Prodigy. They made me realise that a) I've grown up since 1996 and b)
They haven't.
I used to be such a huge fan of their electro rock racket but, due to their lack of output and poor, uninspired albums, I gave up on KERRAZZY Keith and his merry men. I went to see the end of the Scissor Sisters. They were jazzy.
I saw a bunch of other people but my festival-wracked mind is a little blurry.

Oh, and I also got on T.V. Well, my voice did. Tom and I saw a news crew interviewing a bunch of festival goers. She was giving them lines to say! Literally making up the news. I stood by the camera man and started putting the reporter off with silly voices. The producer told me to fuck off. She had a point. Cheers to everyone that came for a great weekend.

It would have been a laugh even if the line-up was rubbish. We amassed a cool collection of memories and moments that will amuse (and shame us) for years to come. Thanks to the people I met along the way. Strangers, old friends and new friends.

I'm off to drink a well deserved brew. I'm going to dedicate it to you. The Steve and Jon will have more stories and pictures of the festival. I managed to take a few before my phone died.

C



No comments:

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...