Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Christopher Bate LIVE!

I have been relaxing after a weekend of festival madness. I have to admit I have been a little restless. I've flittered from reading, writing, watching MTV2, napping and playing PS2 but something was missing. I missed the festival vibes and the live music. I decided to put on an intimate little show for a few friends. A lot of you probably don't know that I'm a bit of a guitar hero. I know how to rock a crowd or at least move them to massive indifference. At first I started with a few gentle numbers. "Her Elbow Made Me Think of Tennis" kicked things off and after a ripple of pity worship I went into popular songs: "My Dog Isn't Your Dog (Yours is a Cat, Genius)", "Poke in the Eye", protest song "Everything is a bit shit", "Hats" and "Please Don't Throw Your Frisbee at me".

The crowd seemed pleased with the first half so I decided to treat them with some hot electric jams for the second and final half.



Cries of 'Judas!' were heard as I whipped through punk songs like "Snot City", "Eat the Bee Gees", "Crabs (I Got 'Em)", "I wasn't a huge fan of the movie 'Save The Last Dance'". I think I was a bit too much for them because they decided to leave. It didn't help that I started strangling members of the audience.


Next week I'll be supporting The Rolling Stones I just know it.










Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...