Monday, September 12, 2005

Random Moments, Randomly Written


The odd girl outside of the Light Bar that decided to debate the idea of artists selling out and the death of indie even though we'd all just spent the night in an INDIE NIGHT CLUB.
Matt and D.J held their own in an 'arguement' with a girl who, although full of vim and intensity, did not have a fucking clue what she was talking about. I kept out of it.
My exchanges with this nutbox were short and (not so) sweet.


HER: Who are you into? What's your favourite musician?
ME: Ryan Adams.
HER: oh, I hate that guy. He's so (Made a weird noise and rolled her eyes) You know?
ME: Nah.

**
(Earlier at the bar)
HER: You look timid.
ME: Is that good or bad?
HER: It depends what you're looking for.
ME: I'm not really looking for anything.
I then said that I was going to ask the DJ to put on something that wasn't 'a load of utter shit' (Partly to get away from her) She gave me pointers on how to demand what I want.
HER: What do you want to hear?
ME: Uhhh, White Stripes?
HER: So go over there and say 'Hey, motherfucker play some Stripes!'
ME: I might just say please.
HER: You could use 'Fatherfucker' instead. People don't use that enough.
ME: I'm going to stand over there for a while.
**
(Outside)
HER: You're quiet.
ME: I am tonight.
HER: I'm going to call you Eliott Smith.
ME: Why?
HER: Because he's a quiet guy too.
ME: He's dead.
***

???

***
We drank in The Gifford. A very bleak, heavy metal bar which is full of mean looking biker guys and hefty women. We were the youngest in there. Our table was a coffin lid. It was like drinking in a ghost train.
We then headed to Hybrid which was like the opening scene from Blade. A load of vampires dancing to industrial rock techno. Matt and I fled to the Light Bar where we drank red bull, danced on the cobbles and got the attention of the aforementioned nutter.
***
I've had my fill of Blast Off. I think I got sick of that place three months ago. I have to seek out new places to go on a Saturday night. I'm starting to become predictable.
***
Brought a bunch of albums for much cheapness from MVC.
Picked up Whiskeytown 'Faithless Street' for £ 4, David Holmes and the Free Association for £3 and The Catheters album for £2.
Bargains!
Nick brought me 'Clerks X' so I could watch it whilst resting up (Until yesterday, I hadn't slept in my own bed since Wednesday)
My rest was disturbed by a huge spider. I vacated to the couch downstairs. Bah.
***
Matt got us Sigur Ros tickets. Yeah! Better brush up on my Hopelandic.
***
I hardly have any money left after being attacked by bills and that expensive adventure in Southampton.
***
My knees are bruised and grazed from yet another ill-advised dancefloor slide.
***


No comments:

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...