Friday, October 14, 2005

Get Thee Behind Me, Saturday.

T.F.I Friday, huh?

Despite a severe lack of cash (Donations welcome) I'm still determined to make this weekend really pop.
Not drinking these days thanks to some glourious natual highs (Caused by a deep sense of self-satisfaction) so I won't need to spend any money on the filthy fall-down water.


It's the Gonzo thing tonight so I'm not sure what the night will behold for me. It's been advertised as a rock and roll fest but I'm not sure if that means it's Uber R 'n' R to if you're on the guest list. I mean, will Mans and I be busting shapes with Welsh comedy rappers GLC or trying to steal their groupies for games of tag and such? Who knows? The way this week has been going we'll probably end up as members of the 'beastie boyos' (NME's nickname, not mine) or running around with Be Your Own Pet.

Nick and The Steve are making much-needed cameos this evening. Perhaps we can do the Franz Dance a day early.
Then there is 'DRTN Rough-Cut Saturday' (Nick says he will come up with a better name)where my good, good friends want to celebrate finally watching the thing have been harping on about for the past two years.


All in all, it should be a shit-hot freakend. If any of you happen to be in the area around this time (Either by mistake or teleporter) then you're welcome to hop on the party train. (I never thought I'd ever say 'party train'. Ho-hum)


RANDOM NUGGETS (OF DOOM):


-Despite his wiley and cunning efforts, The Steve will not 'spear' me.
(Spear in the wrestling sense. Think of it as a very enthusiastic rugby tackle)
Over the tenure of our time at Westfield he has managed to surprise me with a few perfectly executed takedowns.
He tried a couple of times yesterday but I grabbed by lap top. He knows how precious it is to me.


-Go find and go listen to Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! Their self-titled album is a strange and compelling thing.

-I hope people aware of the occasion had a decent 'John Peel Day' yesterday.
There were loads of gigs going off all over the place in his honour.
MTV2 and VH2 were goodly enough to celebrate his memory with an evening of decent and varied music that the man himself would have enjoyed.
I mean, how often do you see Belle and Sebastian on those channels these days?


-H is aiming to grow a large (Or largish) beard for his birthday on the 29th.

Happy Freakend, folks.

No comments:

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...