Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Winning Days

So, we're at home, The Steve and I. Steve was chatting away on msn and I'd just finished having a bath.

The phone rings. The Steve answers it because I wasn't decent. I assumed it would be yet another "Hey, would you like a new phone/credit card?" kind of phone call.

The Steve shouts up and says it's for me. I assume it's my Mom because no one really calls me on my home phone apart from her.

The Steve says it's a Kristyn from MTV2.

"Wha--?"

He seemed as confused as I. Why would MTV2 be calling me?

It turns out that I had won two tickets to MTV2's Gonzo Tour which is stopping off in my neck of the woods (Well, Birmingham) this Friday. I'm on the guest list to see Goldie Lookin' Chain, Be Your Own Pet and The Morning After Girls. I'm not sure if being on the guest list will enable me to meet any of these people (And Gonzo's own Zane Lowe--If only to mock and possibly slap) as I've never been on any kind of guest list before.

**American Peeps: MTV2 is an indie rock channel over here. I understand that MTV2 in the U.S is a lot like MTV (Well, when MTV played music videos instead of shit like 'The Pointless Diary of Ashley Simpson' and that horrible, horrible Newlyweds show)**

So that should be something to do this Friday and it should kick off a weekend of film-based celebration. Tom feels that the rough cut of 'Death..' warrants a big, big night on the town.

Like I'm going to say no to that.

Aside from having little or no cash this has been another interesting and eventful week. It wasn't long ago that nothing ever happened...Why was that again?


Chris

Oh, and Congratulations to Blair for passing his driving test. I'm guessing you'll have a pimped-out ride on the road in now time, blasting out J-5 and scaring Grannies. Well done, sir.

And get well soon Anna.



No comments:

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...