Monday, October 24, 2005

Oh My God! and other tales from a freakend gone.

The Steve has already blogged about another hectic Westfield Weekend (Including half naked imagery) but here's my take on the whole damn shebang.

FRIDAY

-Finished a very strange day at work which saw me get told off for wearing my Shins tee. SHINS! There are people wearing metal and football tops and I get told off for wearing a tee with a cartoon skull on it by one the most laid-back bands on the planet! Everybody go '????'.

- Practically ran back to Westfield for a night in. Dyed my hair again which was a lot less ramshackle than the last time. I didn't manage to dye the side of the bath this time or ruin a bunch of towels. I was quite proud of myself. I did a little dance to celebrate this small, but important, personal victory.

- Watched wrestling with The Steve. We played spot the cliché. Refs get knocked out too easy. The WWE needs to invest in tougher guys or invent new and elaborate ways for an official to be knocked out/distracted.

Here are a few new ideas WWE could use:

* Ref gets hit by a piano. Hulk Wins!

* Ref's wife turns up with his kids screaming that he hasn't paid them a penny since the divorce and that empty promises and dog-eared belated birthday cards aren't going to sate the young minds of Britney and Ashton. Hulk wins (But it's a loss for the Fathers for Justice League)

* Referee is carried away by an eagle. Hulk wins.

* Ref loses his faith in fake fighting and walks off shaking his head. Hulk wins.

- Planned a nice early (ish) night and I was just getting into bed when H called and asked if I wanted to come over. My early night became an early morning. Still, best laid plans and all that.

- Went to bed about 4am.


SATURDAY


- Tried to sort out a money order for the copyright office in America. It was fruitless. Apparently, no one has ever wanted to send money to people in America before. The clerks at the post office and the bank looked at me like I'd just asked them to a Bukarki party.

- Disheartened, I had some lunch with The Steve and Nick.

- We went home and chilled out with some music and cartoons. Truman came around and we played Smackdown whilst drinking Bud. ("Look at me! I feel so deliciously white trash!" ten points if you can tell me the origin of that quote) we listened to some upbeat music and watched a few episodes of 'I'm Alan Partridge series 2'

- The Steve said he’d drive to Wolverhampton if we paid him into the club. Sweet deal. We all went up to the Little Civic where we drank vodka and cheap-ass cola.

- Blast Off. We danced and drank a little more. I bumped into some old friends and found that if I sit down for more than five minutes, someone will come over and chat with me. The Steve believes it's the hair that attracts people.

- Had a sing-song on the way back home.


SUNDAY


- Got up late. Visited the folks. The usual.

- Nick and I headed to Birmingham to meet Mans and Laurie for the 'NME Rock and Roll Riot' tour featuring: The Cribs, Maximo Park and The Kaiser Chiefs.

- Thoughts?

The Cribs: Great fun. They were very raw and rowdy. My favourite band of the night.

Maximo Park: Spiky. Lead singer is off his tree.

Kaiser Chiefs: Good stuff. A band you can sing along to. Nick and I changed the words to 'Oh My God' as a tribute to The Steve.

- I got another free tee-shirt (Two in two weeks!) It was a Cribs one. We also got free badges and posters. Freebie fest!

- Nick and I entertained the bus on the way back home.

- Crashed out to one of The Steve's old 'Friends' DVD's.

- That's it. How was your freakend?

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...