Wednesday, October 26, 2005

You set the fire in me, C.B

Why is it that your left headphone always ends up crapping out? How annoying is to have music in one ear and early morning bus banter in the other?
This morning it was a sound clash between Josh Rouse and some Granny complaining about coins, carpets and the price of bacon these days.
At one point they harmonised a little too perfectly. That'll teach me for leaving my other headphones at home. I have to nip down to the town near work to get some new ones for the ride home. I can't go anywhere without music, least of all the bus home and I don't want my faulty headphones to cause Boards of Canada to sync with random school kids talking babbling crap. That would be awful.

In other news, last nights Tom Vek gig was okay. Tom and I had fun at the venue; stealing posters, making dares and coming up with ideas for a new breed of singer called John Goblin.
The support bands were rubbish. One was a crappy singer/song writer who sounded like Pete Doherty in a washing machine. He sang songs about, well; they SEEMED to be about absolutely nothing. ("Today I had a cake, it was nice") the other band just noodled a bit with their instruments and buggered off. Tom and I still had a good time.

---John Goblin! He sings! He raps! His first album will be called 'A Gandalf Don't Come For Free'---

Tom Vek came on. He was okay. He's not as good as he is on record. I don't think his blend of indie /lazy electronica works live. We left early to go and eat something.

No comments:

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...