Friday, October 07, 2005

Vikings On The Town

Came up with this in just under five minutes whilst bored. I hope it provides chuckles.



Two Vikings, Rudy and Kellogg are sat in a dirty old tavern. They are quaffing meats and big mugs of the filthy fall down water.
They are merry.

RUDY
I like being a Viking.

KELLOGG
Me too.

RUDY
Do you know what I like best about it?

KELLOGG
Ooh, I couldn't really put my finger on that, Rudy. You seem to take a lot of pleasure from it.

RUDY
I'm a big fan of boats. Big boats! Great galleons that cut through the ocean.

KELLOGG
Yeah, that's cool. You know what I like?

RUDY
Do tell.

KELLOGG
Quality meats.

RUDY
Ahh!

KELLOGG
I like feasting on the finest foods. I think that food and rink is far better when it's been pillaged. It adds a certain spice, don't you think?

RUDY
You're quite right. I like meat. If I had my way I would eat nothing but meat until the God's came home.

KELLOGG
And ale! Oh, how I love my ale!

RUDY
A Viking without his ale is like a monk without a cross.

KELLOGG
True, true! You know what else I like?

RUDY
Do tell!

KELLOGG
Beards! I like growing them, tending to them. A beard for me is like a uniform. It tells all and sundry that I am a Viking and I'll vike the hell out of anyone who says otherwise!

RUDY
That beard looks fantastic on you, I have to say.

KELLOGG
Do you think so? I've coloured it. It was a bit darker before. I have exaggerated the red.

RUDY
It looks like a very appealing fox has been glued to your carefully-crafted chin.

KELLOGG
You're not the first to say that.

RUDY
I'm not?

KELLOGG
At least four people have made such a remark.

RUDY
(Glumly)
Oh.

KELLOGG
You put it the best though.

RUDY
(Smiles)
Thanks!

KELLOGG
So, uh, what do you want to do after this place closes?

RUDY
What time is it now?

KELLOGG
I'm not sure. I cannot see the moon from here.

O.C BARMAN
It's ten to eleven!

RUDY
Almost time to call it a night. Shame really because I was up for a night on the town. That new bar has opened up. It’s called 'Yonders'. Its two-for-one drinks for Vikings on a Friday.

KELLOGG
What's the music like?

RUDY
It's progressive lute.

KELLOGG
I'm not a fan of that kind of music. I'm more for drums and fiddles.

RUDY
We could go to 'The Long Boat'.

KELLOGG
What's there?

RUDY
Karaoke.

KELLOGG
Sweet! Let's do that.


The two Vikings down their drinks, grab their coats and start to head for the door.


KELLOGG
I'm going to sing 'Love Me Do' if they have it.

RUDY
I've heard you do a good version of that.

KELLOGG
Well, I don't like to toot my own horn.

RUDY
We could do a duet.

KELLOGG
That would be fun.


They exit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! winsor pilates Crews blackjack Submissive impotence Percent body fat measure buick grand

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...