Saturday, October 08, 2005

What's my view (Well, how am I supposed to know)

Things that have shaped my world this weekend (In no real order):


-The worlds SLOWEST work day. Seriously, it seemed like I was there for days. It just dragged and dragged. I felt like a newly released prisoner when I got out. The torture was relieved by the people around me and some nice words from a good friend.

-I was also spurned on by the fact that I was having a small, casual gathering at my house for anyone who wanted to drop by. The plan was to drink, listen to music and play conkers. A game mostly played by children in playgrounds (Until they banned it for being 'unsafe'. Jeepers.)
It has more jape potiential as twentysomethings because a) We can drink while doing it and b) It takes on a rogueish, hardcore, Fight Club-type element to it. (More on that in a mo-mo)

-I met D.J at Merry Hill and we shopped for random items. He had brought a couple of bizzare b-movies (Gore, Gore Girls was one of them.) while he was waiting foe me. We went to the Pound Shop. We brought Laces (For the Conker bouts), A few Halloween items that included: Tacky bat glasses, big green claws and a hook-hand thing.

-We then went back to mine and watched some amusing internet clips on Ebaums World. The G.I Joe spots being our particular favourite chuckle-inducers.

-Blairo/Dirk Coolington came over and we watched and re-watched a few clips before preparing the conkers (Collected by Mark a few days prior) for what we would later call 'The Westfield Conker Fest 2005' (Well, I would). Nick came over and we all began to whack our nuts off each other (Please see the conker link if thou are confused or disturbed by what I just typed).
David J had a cracking start. He had a massive conker that tore through our efforts. He couldn't be stopped. H joined us and we all enjoyed various (but short) victories. Nick was the overall winner just like he was last year. Truly, he is the Hulk Hogan of Conkers.

-We then nursed our injuries from numerous overzealous, competitive swings and watched crappy T.V. We started watching Beetle Juice but that quickly got boring. It did spark some interesting commentary however:

"I wouldn't mind a go on Catherine O'Hara"

"Winona hasn't changed a bit since this film, acting wise."

-Everyone went home about Midnight-ish (Told you it was casual) because they had early starts in the morning. I crashed out watching 'Garden State'. I fell asleep after the credits and woke up at the very end.

-This morning I woke up twice. Once in my dream and then properly. In my dream I woke up in a place I wouldn't want to ever, ever wake up again. I woke up thanking Hicks for it being just an early-morning nightmare. Speaking of Hicks, D.J won a ebay auction last night for a DVD full of 40 hours of Bill Hicks stuff. How cool is that?

-I brought a nice hat. Nick said it looked cool and 'very indie'.

-I lost the hat that very evening. I moped about it for the rest of the night.

-I got refused entry to Blast Off because I was apparently "too drunk". Pah! We ended up going to The Planet instead. It was heavier, more upbeat but I lost my hat. The night was something of a blur after that. I was a real baby about it. I loved that hat.

This exchange happened in the cab home. The indian guy driving found me and my 'I lost my hat drunken tandrum' amusing. It was pearls of (un) wisdom like this:

"So, you lost your hat?"
"Yeah, someone stole it! Some bugger stole my nice new hat!"
"Were they white or black?"
"White, most likely. Some cracker stole my cool new hat!"

Sounds of everyone else in the cab, slapping their foreheads in disbelief. Sounds of a taxi guy wetting himself.

See, this is why I don't usually drink.

-Woke up with a sore head and a strong feeling of shame.

-Mark called me from work to see how I was holding up. He told me that I'd thrown my hat into the crowd. Eep.

-Nick, Tom and I went to watch Serenity. Good film.

-Crashed out watching Takeshi's Castle. This brings us up to now.


So, how was your weekend?

No comments:

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...