Monday, November 14, 2005

Come pick me up, take me out etc etc (Freakend posticle)

Why does it have to be Monday? I was just getting started!
Absolutely brilliant weekend, stupidly good. The kind of weekend you could bottle up and sell for high prices. The kind of weekend where everything and everyone is completely perfect. I must warn you, guys and gals, I'm going to ramble on and on about this one because it deserves to be rambled about.
The highlight was Stephanie coming down to our neck of the woods. Last time she came down we had a stellar weekend with the 'Buns and Guns' day waaaay back in May so there was a teeny little bit of pressure to make this weekend just as good.
We started slow because it's a long way from Brighton to Q.B and S needed to chill. We spent a couple of hours hanging out to Ryan Adams and Okkervil River videos whilst putting the world to rights.

There was wine too.
Nice wine. (Wine Tom brought me a couple of weeks ago to toast the DRTN rough cut)
People began to gather and we soon found ourselves doing the tour of the various bars in wonderful Wolverhampton. We hit The Moon Under Water for a meal then The Royal London for drinks and video jukebox magic. We then went to the Little Civic for tunes and cheap, cheap vodka mixes.
We then piled into Blast Off and thus began an utterly fantastic night of good music and great people. Easily the best Blast Off in ages. Our circle of friends (and friends of friends) just kept increasing and no one had any drama and no one crashed out before time. Imran kept things going with unusally upbeat stuff (That's why B.O is always better when he's in charge of it) We couldn't stop if we wanted to.


I bumped into some old friends, had a strange conversation with a close friend of my ex (Who asked me where my ex was, which baffled me just a tad. I tried to put him straight but he was too drunk and, fuck, that shit's not even worth setting straight)
Thanks to the usual suspects, the special guests (Spicer and Blair) and the strangers that tagged along for the shimmy.


Sunday involved going for a meal with my family. This was incredible as it rarely happens...No, wait...this has NEVER happened before. Ever. S was a good luck charm it seems.
Nick, Steve, Steph and I then went bowling where Steve daintily bowled himself to victory and I freak bowled as best I could to try and catch up(Apparently, according to H, I bowl like a mutant) Steph did very well for her first time. We then went to see Elizabethtown, which was dissapointing considering it's maker, before crashing out at home.


Smiles all round. Sigur Ros tonight!

Yee, and indeed, harr! Let the couch tour roll on!

Pictures to follow.

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...