Thursday, November 17, 2005

Do You Wanna? Well, Do Ya? Huh? Huh?

Nick, The Steve, Mark and I went to see Franz Ferdinand/Editors/The Rakes last night with Mans, Laurie and a couple of others.

Good stuff.
Wiggles and giggles.

Editors were my personal favourites with their Joy Division-type noise joy. The Rakes were happy and scrappy. The lead singer danced like he was on strings (And thus, made my Blast Off dancing seem relatively normal)

In other news, for those that you who give one, if not two, hoots about the 'Death Rides The Nine' Light House screening then please note that the screening is now FEBUARY 16th instead of January 19th. The reason for the date change is to accommadate more people, more films and a few special guesticals.

It's all very sketchy at the moment but there will be information on their website soonish if you require further information. I've been told that it will feature a profile of myself which I'm trying to make interesting. Jazz up my bio like Dylan in the sixties, you know?


"Christopher David Bate was born into a family of circus performers"


"....It was 14/12/1979, 10am when the nurse proclaimed "Congratulations! It's a, uh, boy?"
"After serving time for killing a man in a knife fight, Christopher became the much-feared sheriff of Badville where he vowed to bring law to a lawless land and ruffle the feathers of as many birds as he could. He died trying to eat a coal bucket"



"After being bitten by a radioactive biro, Christopher realised that he could string mostly coherant words together to make something called a script."


Do you have any ideas, boys and girls?


(Still suffering from a very nasty sore throat that's making me sound like Tom Waits. Hope you are better.)

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...