Sunday, November 27, 2005

Green for GO, Red for STOP (FREAKEND FROLICALS)


Crazy. Crazy. Two nights on the floor of different houses.

The house party was fun but, due to a 'pacing' problem, I crashed out earlier than I'd like.

I woke on the sofa with a sore head and a dry throat. I spent the rest of the day recovering and listening to some of the records Stephanie kindly sent to me.

We then high-hoofed it to the Alkaline Trio gig, making a stop at Costers Rock Bar before meeting D.J and Co. Nick and I shot the breeze and nodded to classic metal (Maiden!) I chatted to the pink-haired bar girl about salt. I also wore odd shoes (See above, hers and sirs)
I'm not a huge fan of Alkaline Trio but I thought I'd check them out because David J is a huge fan and, well, he asked me and I never say no to anything anymore. They're pretty good but I enjoyed the support act more.

Have you ever heard of Mike Park? He's excellent. Folk music with slight shows. He's worth catching if he's in and around your area. He was so good I felt the need to email him and tell him so (He replied, bless him.)

Nick, D.J and I then stayed at the venue for Subculture, the weekly rock night. The music was cool and the booze is always cheap (Red Charge and Vodka! Yes!) Put booze and tunes together and you have the recipe for an amusing evening (I don't need to tell you that) Nick and I were the only ones dancing but people joined our shimmying. It was either our strange limb movement or Nick's 'Truffle Shuffle' tee-shirt that caused various characters to come over and join us.

After much drinking, dancing and saying 'No, you didn't' to various people. We both did very painful dancefloor slides. It hurts to kneel.

We jumped onto the night bus where I fell asleep (And snored by all accounts) I was so tired I crashed on my brothers bedroom floor. I would have walked home but I didn't have much energy left.

I'm looking forward to a night in my own bed (If I can find it under my clothes)

There was something else but I can't remember. Forgive me.

~~~C~~~

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...