Friday, November 04, 2005

KNOW YOUR ONION (AND OTHER TALES OF NON-WOE)

Man, this week has been hectic what with Halloween parties, gatherings, a gig with my Grandmother to see her favourite country/folk singer (Which was worth the cost to see the old girl enjoy herself) and a trip to see Flogging Molly tonight followed by loony indie shape-throwing at Ramshackles--it's been very crazy but crazy in a good way.
I remember the days when I didn't do jack (whoever jack is)
It's because of all this tomfoolery that I haven't been able to check my email. I had a peek last night and found out that 'Death Rides The Nine' (The short film I wrote for those new to this rather tawdry blog) played at U & U, Salt Lake City on Wednesday gone.
If any of you have a time machine and live in that neck of the woods you could go and check it out and see what you think. It was featured in a double bill with another film (It wasn't named in the info I was given but I'm guessing it was of Asian origin by the directors name.)
I'm sure there will be other screenings at some point. They're road testing it to see what works and what doesn't. This kind of makes me a little nervous because people might call for "LESS FUCKING TALKING AND MORE GUN FIRE!" or "WHERE ARE ALL THE ROUND HOUSE KICKS?!" I have yet to find out how it went.
I am trying to arrange screenings on this side of the pond so that I can show friends, family and strangers what I've been blabbering about for the last couple of years.
Mans has been working hard to try and secure a couple of screenings at the uber cool Light House Media Centre (Which is a media college, art-house cinema, home of the Xtra indie night and gallery) this has been difficult because the screenings are strictly for 'local' talent. (i.e West Midlands, U.K) 'Death..’ has it's origins in my hometown but was produced and filmed in Salt lake City, Utah, USA.
I have to write an essay to the co-ordinator about how its roots are Midlands pure and true. Sample line: "Think of the characters as Midlanders with American accents."

Fingers and toes crossed. Claws too.

Also, Special thanks to Ben of Baker for another night of wickedly funny, forth-
wall-breakin' radio. Last nights 'Singles Club' was pure magic (So magic in fact that I saved the msn transcript so I can guffaw again) and caused many an Ovaltine-spilling moment. What other radio station would feature such gems as: What television show themes would you like to have sex to ('Stop It and Tidy Up' will never be the same again) and a clinical, often surreal, dissection of the latest singles and jingles. It is interactive radio at its ‘punk-rock’ finest.

Salute Ben Baker every Monday, 9pm on
www.tfbfm.co.uk (And, in the instance of last nights show, whenever the hell he feels like)

Word (s)

C-Bizzle

No comments:

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...