Thursday, February 09, 2006

UP TO SPEED

It's been a strange and eventful few days in the Land of Oz (A.K.A Bateville, Propaganda Land etc, etc) I've been recovering from Brighton (in a good 'Damn that was fun!' way) and a harsh cold (Probably from not wearing sensible clothes by the beach)
Stephanie has put up a huge post about the whole affair and there is more info HERE.
Again, thank you to Stephanie for a wonderful time.
Post-Brighton things have been busy. I attended the 'After Hours' event at The Lighthouse and met Peter and Wendy who are organising the screening next week. They were both very nice people who were pleasant and excited about the event. Peter said that he found my attitude 'refreshing' and said that there are a number of people attending the screening that I should talk to. I gave him a copy of the ‘Death Rides the Nine’ promo DVD that arrived last week. I had previously shown it to Stephanie, the lads and Stephanie’s housemate Kelly in Brilliant Brighton. I was pretty confident handing it over after their kind praise for it.
I hung around after and hung around with Mans, who had been kind enough to meet me for 'moral support'. He is the one responsible for setting the cogs in motion so I wanted him there with me. if it wasn't for Mans and his faith in the film (Which he hasn't even seen yet) the screening wouldn't be taking place.
Afterwards We went to The Gifford (A rock bar that resembles a ghost train) and we checked out the Jukebox which boasted having over '2 MILLION TRACKS'. I tested it by searching for some Okkervil River. To my surprise, there was a lot of earlier O.R. I put on 'Blanket and Crib' and sang heartily as the Metal Heads looked on in bemusement. They were probably waiting to hear 'Disturbed' or 'Satan’s Pet Bastard' or something.

Other bits:


* ‘Death Rides the Nine’ is fully copy-written (Is that the right way to say it?) I received a certificate from the library of Congress the other day.
* I got my 'Scram!' and 'Nerds Unite' t-shirts from Threadless.com They're so cool! I also ordered my brother a belated birthday present (After not picking up a gift in Brighton) and those Vans trainers I wanted. Buying things for myself makes me feel guilty for some reason.
I have other news. I have yet to Blog about the new film, the NME Awards Tour (Featuring Maximo Park, We Are Scientists, Artic Monkeys and The Mystery Jets), playing 'reporter' for said magazine and winning the WWE title under the alias 'The Dropkick Kid' (The last one is a filthy lie)

No comments:

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...