Friday, March 03, 2006


Is anyone else loving the Jack White/ Billy Childish dispute? It's good to hear about an old fashioned rock and roll verbal ruck.

Jack has been slinging mud for quite some time now (About the time where he stop singing and started yelping) and someone has met the challenge: low-fi garage rock hero Billy Childish. Jack White has the miffed anger it seems but Billy has the better come backs. He claimed that Jack is jealous of the fact that, among other things, Billy has a better moustache...

...Maybe I'm just short of thrills today...

...Other news?...

...Film is looking to have wider distribution and, thanks to finally getting full copy-right, it'll be out and about here there and everywhere. As always, I'll squeal about when and where it's playing...

...Oh, and it looks likely that we'll have another showing at the Light House in May thanks to 'high demand'. It seems that a lot of people didn't get to see it or want to see it again. For all those that attend there will be something special as a thank you...

...Then there's the BBC...

...This coming Freakend is dedicated to my good friend Matt "Mans" Mansell for it his birthday...

...Thanks each and all for the comments in the last post. I heart you for it.

~~C~~

14 comments:

zuzula said...

i do hope we'll all be invited to the UK premiere, and, more importantly, aftershow party of DTNR? :)

Christopher D. Bate said...

The 'premiere' was on the 16th of last month in Wolverhampton. It was quite a time. The aftershow was a free drinks and back-patting festival. Usually, I don't get any of that so it was a nice change.

Jack--I'd like you to see it, sir. We're hoping for more locations. London, Birmingham and Brighton being the top three.

zuzula said...

ah yes, i was thinking of a big red carpet affair in leicester square. but hey - i even got the acronym wrong (sorry) so i don't deserve a ticket now anyway :(

let me know when the london screening is though - i want to see this film.

Stephanie said...

It's all fun and games until Jack punches someone in the face - man can do some serious damage.

Didn't read yesterday's post 'til today, but for what it's worth I think you've made the right choice. Keep the good stuff close, and just leave the rest behind you (except for what you've learned - which is my whole arguement for why a total memory erase as in Eternal Sunshine is probably a bad idea - but that's like an entire blog post right there...)

Happy Friday & Yaaaay about the film. - steph (boston)

Stephanie said...

Great news about the film. :) You must be super excited - I know I am.

Have a great birthday weekend with Matt and the gang!

PS Billy SO has a better tache..

Devil Mood said...

There's always birthdays with you: are you sure your friends only have one birthday a year? Oh silly me, I just remembered Steve's birthday and a half last Summer! ;P
I'm glad for all those film developments, it's getting more and more exciting :D

Steve House said...

thats a good memory for Devil Mood. I didnt know it was mans's berf, I'll have to become Uber Steve one more time

You've Got What I Need... said...

well just look at this place. death may ride the nines but you've got digital moxy in spades!

congrats on the film, chris.

She de la Handbag said...

Aint nothing better than a bitch fight about moustaches;)

Any chance of adding snow bound Scotland to the film showings??? If not ... no worries, have handbag, will travel:)

Hope you have a cool weekend.

Cathy said...

I am a relative newbie to your blog, but it seems great things and success are on your horizon; cheers to that!

Have a happy birthday weekend...

Maja said...

Happy Freakend!

sarah said...

sweet sex god, those are some EXCELLENT glasses. i had no idea they were so willy wonka-ish.

jack white.. i love/hate him.

film... squeel!! that's awesome!

sarah said...

oh and i posted a comment to your "eh?" post.. my latest post is is about my ex.

Stephanie said...

Those glasses look way better on you than they ever did on me. :)

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...