Monday, March 13, 2006

The unknowing of things..

..Is always the biggest thrill for me. I pit myself out there a lot more than I used to (I suppose this Blog is the biggest example) because I’m not afraid or ashamed of who I am. After a much needed, pick-me-up weekend with the 'Good, Good People' I'm feeling pretty charged and eager to see what this week has in store.
Last week could be summed up with a shrug. I haven't had such a mediocre week for a long time. I was flawed by low morale, a stinking head cold and morbid curiosity.

That's not a great little jackpot of things.

Dancing and drinking at RamShackles was a nice way to start things off. I felt a little bad for bailing out on Nick and Matt to do my good deed last week (See earlier posts) so i wanted to see the night out without walking off or sulking...

..The heroic amount of caffeine-based vodka drinks stopped me from sitting still or going to sleep.

The quieter moments of the weekend saw me do my uncle thing with my little niece. She's at that age where she wants to play all the time and I'm was at that stage where my head felt like I had a parade running through it. I'll tell you, being hit over the head with a plastic rattle doesn't do much for the hangover. Still, the kid is adorable and I'm a sucker for punishment...


Nick and I headed over to see Matt in Saturday evening and we headed to The Little Civic where they were having a launch party for Graham Coxon's new record 'Love Travels at Illegal Speeds'. I did my first decent deed of the evening and grabbed one of the promo t-shirts for Nick.

We drank up our cola and vodkas and headed to Blast Off (Where else?) to dance it all off. It was a fun time and we had more than enough room to throw shapes and waggle limbs.
I also came to the aid of an old friend (A sort of ex) who was a little upset and out of sorts (There must be something in the air) after telling her a few jokes, catching up and giving her a big hug. We parted ways; she feeling a little better and me feeling happy for having helped her out. I think I'm in serious credit with karma at this point...


...Maybe I can use the credit to kick a couple of Geese. Nobody likes Geese. They're like bargain basement swans...

13 comments:

Steve House said...

yeah sorry I sulked. Its good to throw your toys out the pram sometimes.

You should try having 20 kids chasing you trying to stamp some string tied to you. Glad I staed in Saturday or I wouldn't have coped.

Stephanie said...

Just don't kick Canada Geese. ;)

I'm glad it was a better weekend for you. xxx

Christopher D. Bate said...

I thought you were okay. You were bopping away to some electro.
I was surprised i didn't have a strop. I wasn't really up for it at first. I think anything was better than staying in and wallowing. I couldn't watch any more Ashley Simpson.

Christopher D. Bate said...

Stephanie--They can be evil, Stephanie. Evil. They don't represent Canada.

Stephanie said...

Maybe you could charm them with your stories and jokes? Melt their cold Canadian hearts..

Stephanie said...

Swans are evil though. I wouldn't recommend kicking them because, frankly, they would strike back.

zuzula said...

It's illegal to kick swans! They all belong to the queen, apparently. But as for geese - off with their heads i say. I was bitten by one when i was four. I was only trying to offer it some bread while i was feeding the ducks with my mum. I don't think i ever got over that :(

DanProject76 said...

Insteads of kicking some geese I suggest stamping on some pigeons.

In London.


And maybe some tourists while yer there.

Ah go on.

missy said...

Oh coolness, good to hear you are feeling great and alive and kicking (geese).

Cathy said...

You and Steve both babysit nieces and nephews?! Do your siblings know how lucky they are? Do they give you prodigious amounts of alcohol and gifts? Gift baskets, in fact? Can you tell that I am not so fortunate to have nice siblings to care for my two young ones and am completely jealous. If I did, I would prepare baskets full of music and sweets and miscellaneous enjoyable things.

x said...

you seem to be nice to your exes.
and you are a good uncle too.
and a good friend.
so that's where all the good men have gone (i must remember that, because my friends ask me all the time)

Christopher D. Bate said...

I think the lesson here is DO NOT trust Geese. They are evil and do not take kindly to jokes or silly voices. Swans are even worse and their arrogance stems from their protection by the Queen.

I try to be the best person I can be because i believe that life is too short to hold grudges for little things.
Relationships, in my view, are mostly car-crashes wrapped in hearts and flowers. Some of us get lucky and find our soul mates.
I want to stop being the guy that sees the worst in the past and finds a peace with it. It'll make for a better future..

Stephanie said...

You are on the right track to becoming that person. :)

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...