Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Bang Off

This weekend I foolishly let an old friend go; someone that had brought me great joy and happiness. I'm talking, of course, about my hair. I'm now (not) rocking a short and shitty 'do.

No bangs and no bounce.

It needed to be done and I needed the change but I regret it now for many reasons..
..My 'Boss' likes it saying that I "look my age for a change" (Is there a template for a standard 26 year old?) and that maybe with the new do I'll be "more responsible" (Answers on a postcard for this one..)


..Blair said that I looked like "Christopher Bate V.1" i.e the person I was when we first met (I was still lashed to Little Miss Hitler at that point). That instantly brought me down.

I might not go out until it's long enough to cut, style and colour.

That said, there's the Jurassic 5 gig tonight, The Canal Club tommorow, London/Ryan Adams a few days after that.

On another note, I was stalked by a spider last night. No joke. He was in my room so I opted to chicken out and sleep in my housemates room (He's away) The little bugger had followed me in. I then went back to my room and, some hours later, there he was again!

I decided to cut my loses and sleep on the sofa. Although, I was concerned that he would turn up there too. Maybe with friends..and a camera.

I know what you're thinking: "Why didn't you get rid of it?" It's not that simple. I'm scared of big spiders and everytime I try and 'take them down' something stupid happens. Some may recall my attempts to get rid of the last eight-legged intruder. I tried to swat him with a picture frame and ended up showering myself and my bed in glass.

I'm off to the wig shop. I wonder if they have any 'Motley Crue' wigs in stock.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw, i'm sure it'll grow back faster than you realize. you'll be working the freakend like all get out. don't lie. :)

Gretta James said...

You shoulda called on me. I am not one bit afraid of spiders. I love your nickname by the way "Little Miss Hitler" I can imagine one of my exs giving me a similar nickname. LOL.

Gretta

Christopher D. Bate said...

Kimbelina--I needed the cut to appreciate what I had and to try something new.
yeah, I'm very busy this week so there isn't much time to be anti-social, crap hair or not.

Gretta--If I had your number I would have, you can bet on that. I don't like being bullied by things with more than two legs.
'Little Miss Hitler' is a mild nickname for that particular creature!!

Teix--I would have been a wreck...literally.
I don't look like 'me' anymore. I can see too much of my face! I'll post pics when I can dye and craft it. It's just a blank canvas at the mo.

x said...

what about individual emails with pictures?

Christopher D. Bate said...

I like you guys and girls too much for that!

Cathy said...

We need to see the blank camvas so we can tell you how great you look; seriously...you sound like you might need us to tell you. I think you are likely being too ahrd on yourself.

Greg Mills said...

The hair is cut. But the head abides. That is wisdom.

I had the heebie jeebie last night because some bars of soap fell in the towel closet. No haircut however. My Micheal J. Fox hairdo is still intact, with full Samson juice. I'll show those rotten soaps! As soon as I'm able to open the towel closet again. That shit's scary.

ben said...

You've reminded me of a smashing HMHB lyric:

Oh Mrs Medlicott,
What am I to do?
I've only got three bullets
and there's four of
Motley Crue

Greg Mills said...

The hair is cut. But the head abides. That is wisdom.

I had the heebie jeebies last night because some bars of soap fell in the towel closet. No haircut however. My Micheal J. Fox hairdo is still intact, with full Samson juice. I'll show those rotten soaps! As soon as I'm able to open the towel closet again. That shit's scary.

Mimey said...

Fresh start hairwise can't be a bad thing in the long run. Shit for a while, but look for the bigger picture!


Are you sure there weren't several spiders, rather than the one stalker freak? As a committed crawlie-o-phobe, I'd like to believe there is just one spider in the world and one day I'll rid us of this blight.

I've been writing a fantastic (?) comic on the subject of creepies taking over (destroying) the world, and this debate has helped me no end :-)

She de la Handbag said...

Whats with all the small evil creaures going haywire at the moment?? First my sleep-attack wasp and now your stalking spider:(

Mourn your old haircut sir and then you can fully embrace your shiny happy new barnet! A few years ago I cut off my long hair and went for a short 'pixie' style which unfortunately made me look like a boy. The nicest thing my flatmate could say about it at the time was that it 'looked androgonous'. After a few days I forgot what my old haircut was supposed to look like and then I started to quite like the new one ...

orange anubis said...

That spider clearly just wanted to be your friend, and rather than worrying how to get rid of it, I think maybe you should have been worrying about whether it had drunk enough water recently.

DanProject76 said...

You're scared of spiders and having a hair crisis?

Are you sure you're not a gay?

Heh.

Christopher D. Bate said...

You guys and girls leave the best comments. I've just come back from an awesome Jurassic 5 gig and your words were icing on the fun bun once again.

Think I'm getting used to my hair now. A little. I'm missing the 'swish' effect (literally) which sucks.

Spider is gone. Something must have scared him or he got bored or the cat ate him. The cats been eating a lot of bugs lately.

Stephanie said...

I, for one, think that your new hair cut looks cool. It may bear some similarities to your version 1.0 do, but remember the changes between Christopher Bate versions 1.0 and 2.0 were 99% internal and only 1% hair-related. You haven't gone backwards with the cut. :)

Jay said...

Sweetie, you can do so much better than the crue wigs.

I shaved my head in February, thinking that I would love it. And then I thought I might have to throw myself off the nearest, highest bridge. But luckily, I stuck that one out for 16 hours or so, when I got over myself and admired my head. It's actually quite a good head, and yours probably is too.

sophie said...

Can we SEE??????

Walter said...

May I suggest this:

You shave your head and let us, your adoring fans, choose the wig for you.
You could have Afro sunday, for example.
Hippie Wednesdays.
Slightly camp quiff Mondays.
And so on....

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...