Saturday, October 28, 2006

Random FYI #1

I'm really crap at applying nail varnish. I've got it everywhere BUT my nails! Kudos to the ladies and gentlemen that do this full time.


And I did this between costume changes:

A - AVAILABLE: To the right person, yes.

B – BIRTHDAY: 14th December

C - CRUSH: Everyone is crushable

D - DAD'S NAME: David Harry Bate

E - EASIEST PERSON TO TALK TO: Stephanie. Lord knows, she's lent a sympathetic, non-judgemental ear to my masses of hang-ups. I Thank Blogger for allowing me to make such a great, supportive friend. Whatever happens, I hope she and I will be friends for a long, long time.

F - FAVORITE BAND: Sigur Ros

G - GUMMY BEARS OR GUMMY WORMS: Bears. They bounce here, there and everywhere...

H - HOMETOWN: Quarry Bank

I - INSTRUMENT: Drums or bass. I'm not very good at either but that doesn't stop most people from forming bands.

J - JUGGLE: I can juggle a little. It depends on my mood, the moon and what I'm juggling. I can't, for example, juggle cats or clowns. Small balls or items of fruit are easy enough.

K - KILLED SOMEONE: Would I be here doing this if I had? Knowing the British 'justice' system I probably would. I haven't killed anyone and I wouldn't want to. For some people it's harsher to LET them live.

L - LONGEST CAR RIDE: That day I went to Hell and back. I can't really answer this one.

M - MILKSHAKE FLAVOUR: Chocolate

N - NUMBER OF SIBLINGS: One younger brother and Sister. Both are far more grounded in relative reality than I am.

O - ONE WISH: To write films that get made that people will enjoy.

P - PERSON WHO CALLED ME LAST: My Mom to catch up on any film-related gossip and see if I was eating right.

Q. QUICKIE: I can't remember. I'm sure the next one will be a quickie too.

R - REASON TO SMILE: I have lots and they're usually incredibly trivial. I've just been looking at my cousins wedding pictures. My little niece and nephew are on there so it was a vertiable smile jackpot. I'm not sure about the pictures of me dancing, however.

S - SONG YOU LAST HEARD: Ryan Adams--Blue Hotel. I'm listening to The Hype Machine while I do my things on the computer.

T – Yes please. Milky and fun.

U - UNKNOWN FACT ABOUT ME: I'm secretly married to Natalie Portman for tax and kudos purposes. I think everyone knows waaay too much about me already. I'm fairly open.

V - VEGETABLE YOU HATE: Spinach is pretty horrible. Popeye was a liar; it didn't make me strong, it just made me heave.

W - WORST HABIT: Apparently, I apologise more than humanly nessicary for anything, everything and whatever else. I also have a habit of putting myself down for cheap laughs.

X - X-RAYS YOU'VE HAD: Quite a few, mostly for check up purposes. I used to get horrible side pains which turned out to be stress-related. I have pretty bad anxiety issues that I really should try and sort out properly.

Y - YOUR NUMBER OF CONTACTS ON MYSPACE: 180+ I get a lot of bands asking me to add them and I'm too nice to say no. It makes me look popular though.

Z- ZODIAC SIGN: Sagittarius........Wikipedia says...
Individuals born under this sign are thought to have a dynamic, ethical, humorous, generous, open-hearted, compassionate, and energetic character, but one which is also prone to pridefulness, foolishness, impulsiveness, impracticality, and superstition.


6 comments:

Hicksion said...

Hope all goes well with your movie stardom.. you deserve it.. it's always good to see good writers rewarded. I myself have tiny but fantastic news.. can you feel it? I'm fucked on booze and listening to the Temptations and visit Close but no Cigar for more info. It's in the links. God I love this business..

Stephanie said...

Nail varnish is a bitch which is why I leave it to professionals. :)

Thank you very much for the kind words, Mr.Bate. You know that the feeling is mutual. :) We'll be having our heart-to-hearts over tea/Lambrini/toasties/hot dogs for many many years to come. Of that I am certain.

PS Sorry for inflicting my lasagna (with the dreaded spinach) upon you. I didn't know you hated the green stuff so much. :)

Christopher D. Bate said...

Hicksion--Thank you, sir. Congrats on your news too. I have left a comment on your fine blog and linked you to boot. I'm sure this will be a shake up in the BBC being good again. You could be the one to slay the dragon that is Catherine Tate and all that shit.
Business is good if only for the kudos.

Stephanie--Your lasagna was fine. It actually made spinach nice. I think I just can't eat it on it's own..from a squeezed can..in the middle of a moment of peril. It just doesn't help me out.
I hope you are having a fine weekend. I've been rocking out like you wouldn't believe. I also haven't touched a drop of booze all weekend, which is a bonus.

Christopher D. Bate said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mimey said...

A spinach hater???? How??? Why???

Clive_Evil_C said...

So you mean you're aren't really married to Natalie Portman? She's my bride to be for tax reasons!

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...