Thursday, October 26, 2006

As my nine-to-five tries to pull me in one direction, the film pulls me further into another. Guess what's going to win? Guess what I've been concentrating on? Hmmm.....talk about your no-brainers!

Things are going well between myself and the would-be director. I worry that I will jinx it by blabbing about it too much to too many people. It's kind of like meeting someone new; things are going well but at any moment they could stop calling you for no apparent reason, thus making you appear foolish to the people you bragged too. So far, the chemistry is there and things are progressing.
My ideas seem to be welcome and worthwhile. The only really changes I've had to make thus far are tweaking the various parts of the script that contain references that are too British.

Other stuff:

* I'm concerned about a friend of mine who is having a rough ride with his girlfriend. She has been incredibly unfair of late and has exposed me to the dark side of relationships that I really don't miss. Is it so hard to take care of someone when they've had a rough day? It's really not is it? That's why you hook up with people; to care about someone other than yourself. My friend is doing a lot of caring and getting next-to-nothing in return. This worries me because he's a good soul who deserves something wonderful.

* The new Albert Hammond Jr record 'Yours To Keep' is a real gem. It's been on endless rotation since I brought it. That doesn't happen all that often. Give it a whirl if you get the chance.

* I'm going to see Neko Case at The Glee Club. Swish.

* It's been good to hear from Steve. I miss living with that guy. He was a ball of fun and there was never a dull moment when he was around. I miss watching wrestling on Saturday morning, Furiously competitive games of Amped 2 and our late night/early morning chats on the stairs. The reason there hasn't been another 'Guns and Buns' day this year? Steve isn't here. It's that simple.

Anyway, how the devil are you good, good people?

8 comments:

JM said...

I hope you get the film deal soon. I've been crossing my fingers ever since you told us about it. Crossed fingers make simple things like typing this comment, writing and sometimes driving quite difficult.

Devil Mood said...

That deal cannot be jinxed because all of us are giving you very positive vibes, Chris. But I get it that sometimes it seems risky to be an optimist - why is that? We are crazy people...

Shame that you had to take out the british references - it was disappointing for me to watch High Fidelity shot in NY, but I guess it has to be done to make it more mainstream.

I miss Steve too, though he was never really here but...when he was there it still felt like he was closer than now :P

Cathy said...

That's the kind of relationship my brother is in; and has been for the past twenty years. Good men of the Earth; stay away from evil vampire women...

So will you still blog when you are rich and famous?...

Gretta James said...

I think I am more excited than you about this film thing. If you don't get it I swear I am gona eat my head that isn't screwed on tightly enough.

Oh and all relationships have ups and downs, it's when the downs outweigh the ups is when questions should be asked - hopefully it's just a blip if your friends lady friend is what he truly want. However if it's not right at least he has a great chum like you to look out for him

I've been drinking and you're the best

Gretta x

x said...

tell your friend to leave that person and start having some fun. we can all be sad alone but we need people to share the fun with. and his girlfriend is no fun.
we miss Steve too. but he's been going to temples and things like that, so he'll come back wiser and better. :)

Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

Hey,

I forgot to inform you that we will be having another film festival.. cant recall right now. Singapore is opening up its arts scene and trying to boom its movie industry... i beep you when i get to know of more festivals!

Christopher D. Bate said...

Angel, Jr.--Me too. It would be really sweet for many reasons. Thanks for crossing those fingers despite the difficulties that occur. You're a good blog friend

Devil Mood--It's only the most obscure references that are going. It will make it easier for American audiences. It will still have the same feel. They want to keep it true to the original which pleases me greatly.

Cathy--Of course I will! Should that ever happen I will stick to my roots and not get into anything like Scientology and Lindsay Lohan. Ideally, I'd like to use the American trips to meet more Bloggers. Again, this is IF things pan out.

Gretta--I love the ups and downs. I'm glad things are happening. Relationship wise it usually pans out. I hope you've had a good time. You're a great girl, Gretta.

Chloe--I've been brutally honest with him but whether he takes any notice is beyond me. You can only do so much in this kind of situation. I've been right in there myself.
I do wonder what my old housemate will be like when he gets back. It'll be a great reunion.

Red Hot--That would be great! Thanks in advance for that. I hope you are well today!

She de la Handbag said...

Fingers crossed for you honey as sounds like exciting things are coming your way! As for your friend, hope things work out for him. Can only imagine how much you miss the lovely Steve, but when it matters most distances needn't matter at all:) xx

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...