Wednesday, November 01, 2006

TRANSEXUAL TUESDAY NIGHTS

Last night was fun on the bun. Rocky Horror was an awesome show and a great party.
I wish I'd taken the time to dress up as something, anything because I looked woefully undressed.
H dressed up as Frank N Furter much to my surprise and discovered how hard it is to walk through the city in heels.
Still, he had a fun birthday present and it was money well spent.
If you're a fan of R.H and you live in the U.K, I would recommend catching the show if you can.

Earlier in the day, before all the cross-dressing shenanigans, a guy came up to me and said, for reasons unknown to me, the following sentence:

"Are you still laughing about that cat?"

Answers on a postcard (and by postcard I mean comments box) because I'm all out of clues as to why a complete stranger would come up and say that to me. I did my best smiling and nodding but it couldn't completely hide my bewilderment.


I turned in another draft of Bent Soul along with some alternative scene/location ideas. They seem to want to keep even the most bizarre scenes and we're currently trying to work out how we can film scenes featuring a large galleon on a modest budget. I have ideas and they seem to be going down well.

If this ends up being some kind of cult group then I'm going to cry.


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woefully "undressed," or did you mean "underdressed?" In my opinion, there's nothing woeful about being UNDRESSED. ;)

JM said...

Maybe it was a case of mistaken identity? I wonder who he thought you were.

Christopher D. Bate said...

Trixie--I did mean underdressed. Oops. If it works for you then so be it.

Angel Jr--Maybe he thought I was Garfield's owner or something. Or maybe he was a spy and he was trying to communicate.

orange anubis said...

Love a bit of Rocky Horror. A friend at work just went, knowing nothing about it. She's come back talking about nothing else, her mind completely blown. :)

Paul said...

He probably read your blog about that stray cat you had turning up a while ago... or that evil-as-adolf-cat you got at the moment !!

Christopher D. Bate said...

Orange Anubis--I wonder what it would be like to go into it completely cold.; without expectations. I'd certainly go and see it again. I tried to get them to do it when I was in high school but to no avail.

Paul--Jinx is pretty damn evil, isn't she? And clumsy, greedy and hyperactive.

Mimey said...

Well, were you still laughing?

Suffering from 'bent soul' myself, I do hope this is all fruitful for you and the film!
I once did RH with my parents. That was fun!

Christopher D. Bate said...

I have no idea. The guys seems to think so. I was laughing after. It's become my new chat-up line.

Bent Soul, eh? That's not good. I hope you're okay. Do you want a cup of tea or something?

DanProject76 said...

Was it a Stoufer flashback?

Harry Hill has mystical powers.

Gretta James said...

Chris undressed and not crying it what I want.

If they are a cult you gotta hand it to them they're good at deception.

Gretta.

Anonymous said...

How did you respond? I would have just said "yes".

sophie said...

I am so thrilled for you Christopher
...just be dressed for success:)

zuzula said...

heels are indeed difficult to walk in. i carry trainers everywhere in case i suddenly need to take a long hike!

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...