Monday, November 06, 2006

"Very Missionary"

In the spirit of spreading the Neko love, here is a picture of yours truly with a t-shirt brought from the recent Glee Club show in Birmingham. It's the same t-shirt that the more photogenic Stephanie and Corinna have captured themselves wearing on their recent Neko Case posts. It was a challenge I duly rose to. Please forgive the 'gone away' look. I don't like looking directly into cameras.
Neko was, of course, frickin' awesome and I, front row and very close, caught hold of a smile I decided to keep for myself. She covered 'Buckets of Rain' by Bob Dylan. It was, it has to be said, far sexier than old Bob's version.
Oh, and if you're buying any merch from her friend, the girl will do anything for Lion bars. I didn't get a chance to ask what exactly but there is always next time. The shirt was enough for now, it always is.

12 comments:

Stephanie said...

Glad you had a good time at the show. :) Let's just be sure we don't all wear our tshirts on the same day.

By the way, I know you hate the short hair but I like it.

Stephanie said...

.. and you are way more photogenic than me, Mr.Bate..

proof? look above

Stephanie said...

Corinna and Chris:
We so have to do the boob thing next time..

Maja said...

Hey look how short your hair is! Somehow I think it makes you look older.. don't know how that works.

sophie said...

You look so adorable in your
cute cut and blue t:)

Christopher D. Bate said...

I can't wait for it to grow a little longer. After my sour-faced boss called it a 'sensible' haircut, I longed for my bangs.
:)

Blair said...

Man, that T-shirt + the concept for taking the picture is so fresh!

Cathy said...

Your hair is wonderful.
I think the three of you should plan to meet and wear your shirts around the world together...
O.K. I admittedly haven't slept and shouldn't be commenting on blogs today...

x said...

i love the new hair. it lets your face stand out and your face is beautiful.

Gretta James said...

Yours truly is looking hot.

I am gona go blog now.

Gretta

Christopher D. Bate said...

You're all really sweet and you've made me blush in the office.

It's nice to hear compliments when people have been running you down all day.

Anonymous said...

So...when all the bloggers meet, either t-shirts will need to be worn on the same day, OR a rotation of some sort must be coordinated :)

Sorry to hear the office is running you down. I was just back yesterday and rather than "how was your trip?" ("what was your friend like? or "how was Athens?" though I did get "Who are those random guys in your photos?") one by one my coworkers came by to return the piles of work to my little part of the cuberhood. I will leave this place soon.

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...