Saturday, May 26, 2007

Death, Spiderman, Shopping and Other Stories




So DRtN played at the Mr Silke thing today and it was a nice, if odd affair. We had a decent crowd and got some nice reactions. Kylie was impressed and that what it's all about.
Something new and visual would be nice in the near future. I'm working on it. I'm just kind of hanging around, waiting for news and the next step.

DRtN was followed by , to quote Morrissey, some 'bloody awful poetry'. It was street poetry without a hint of irony. It had rhyme though of the cat, hat, bat variety. Still, it kept some of these ladies off the street which, as it happens, they were talking about.

The day was pretty cool. We watched the film, endured some poetry readings, saw some cool art, brought some cool art badges, scored some tickets to see a guy we know's band, I brought a Judge Dredd Vs Judge Fear t-shirt, had a nice meal, I picked up the Clerks 2 script for £2 and listen to the sheer comedy that is my house mate and his girlfriend randomly arguing. Love IS a battle field, folks!

We didn't get to the theme park yesterday because of shitty road directions from shitty travel sites. We should sue, they're so out of whack. We missed out on some roller coasters because some idiot in the RAC doesn't know his left from his right and such like..
We decided to catch a movie. We chose Spiderman 3 and , let me be completely honest with you, SPIDERMAN 3 IS A TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE MOVIE! It's Batman Forever (And Robin) bad. All those crappy reviews you've read are spot on. Spidey 3 is complete tosh and it's stunk up the trilogy. Only Bruce Campbell as a french waiter gave it a little goodness.

Here's hoping that Transformers doesn't suck.

8 comments:

missy said...

I still haven't seen your film which is kinda awful as I have been reading your blog for ages.


I agree with you on love being a battlefield!

missy x

DanProject76 said...

Not seeing Spidey 3 s the curse of the 3s ruined them X-Men filums.

JM said...

Like Missy I haven't seen your film. And I really should...

x said...

i know i am going to see your film in a festival dedicated to you. And Kylie will be wearing haute couture and glowing next to you.
x

JonSheridan said...

Call me contrary but I liked Spidey 3 and I don't quite understand why most people didn't. Horses for courses I suppose... Hello!

Christopher D. Bate said...

Everyone,
Thank you for your kind comments as always. Things have been very cool of late and nice words like that are the icing on the cake.
I'm aiming to make it so every blogger that wants to see it, gets the chance. After watching it again, I realised that it's too good to just gather dust and not be seen.
If anyone wants to see it, drop me an email and I'll arrange something.

Jon, I almost wept. I wanted to like it, I really did. Nice to see you on Blogger. i hope all is well with you and yours

Cathy said...

Sounds like a great night (minus the bad poetry)...
And unfortuantely I am not holding out much hope for Transformers. I loved Shrek 3, though!
Happy week, Christopher...

kimberlina said...

don't hold your breath regarding the transformers film.

optimus prime is like, purple with flames! wtf.

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...