Monday, May 28, 2007

Mini-Fame

Modest Mouse was good. Not great, just okay. I thought they'd be a lot more RAAAAGH than *meh*. It got a little droney after a while and the bands lateness and seemingly endless solos made us miss our bus back.
A girl came up to Kylie and I at the bar and said that she'd seen DRtN at The Silke Exhibition and really liked it. That was really nice. It gave me a real charge and it's these things that make it all worth it. That and the smiles.
Bank Holiday Monday was spent watching stand up videos, writing bits and bobs and lazing like two old people in love. I don't want to go back to work.

6 comments:

Devil Mood said...

I thought you'd be interested to know there's a project online to write a script (www.scriptfrenzy.com). It starts on Friday and you have to write 20,000 words until the end of June. It can be a screenplay or a stage play. No prizes, just the satisfaction of writing and ending something. ;) I'm in.

missy said...

I don't want to go back to work either.

Christopher D. Bate said...

Devil Mood--I shall check that out. thanks for the heads up!

Missy--We should go on strike!

kimberlina said...

two old people in love!! what a fabulous phrase...

Maja said...

I love Modest Mouse's old stuff, but their new stuff is boring.

Christopher D. Bate said...

Yes! It is, isn't it? The Lonesome Crowded West is their best period and they've become too 'radio friendly' now.

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...