Friday, May 18, 2007

Pre-Freakend Mind Waffle...

So, last night we went 'up town' for a few drinks. I had a mission to do and I wrapped it around pre-freakend celebrations. It was fun to catch up with people and sit in the newly redecorated Royal London. They have Judge Dredd comics on the mens cubicle walls. Sometimes this causes you to pee on your shoes.

Jest.

K.P had an extra drink in the Gifford which is RAWK bar where we saw an old work buddy (Hello, Mr Hill) and nodded our heads to some rockular music. I think you need that when you go out. Indie music, as much as I love it, has a very plastic scene.
Sadly, my work decided to screw up my pay so I'll get paid late. Excellent. Thanks for that. Thankfully, my finances are in better shape but it feels like I've been working for free. I would strike but I like this job and the people are nice. The pay-roll dept at the agency are idiots.
I've got this feeling today that something is amiss. Do you ever get that? I'm worried about something and I keep running down the list of possibilities:

Kylie? All good there. We don't argue. She's too sweet and I'm too sensitive.

Work? I actually like my current job; close to home, decent pay, I can meet K.P for lunch and I can write as well as work.

Friends? Maybe. One of them has kind of drifted. I stuck up for a pal, doing what I thought was the decent thing and I've ended up feeling like the Green Goblin. Maybe that's it.

House? Most likely. It sucks. I hate it. I want to leave BUT it's a roof over my head and it's not the end of the world. Maybe when Steve comes back things will be fun again. At the moment it's like an old peoples home. With added cats.

Hmmm...

Good Stuff: Might be going to V this year after all, I'm re-dyeing my hair tonight and there is a promise of shennanigans this weekend. There also maybe good stuff in other areas but I don't want to jinx those.

6 comments:

Kylie said...

Pee on your shoes? Is that what destroyed your skull Vans? :)

Lunches with you are joyous. I hope the agency gets its act together and you can stay. I'm hungry for baguette-y pizza things like you had the other day...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

DanProject76 said...

You feel like The Green Goblin?

Do you have the classic comic Norman Osbourne Lumpy Hair too?

Anonymous said...

I'm coming baby, just hold on, HOLD ONNNN......
THE STEVE

Christopher D. Bate said...

Kylie--The lunch times are much fun because it's extra time with my favourite female.
I think my Hobbit-like feet ruined my Vans.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dan--I used to hate his hair! Do they still draw it that way?

The Steve--The return is hyped to the extreme. Only you can save me from the ordinary.

Devil Mood said...

What colour are you re-dying it?
I think you and Kylie have a perfect arrangement :)
And I need a job like that! I will get it! ha-ha

Christopher D. Bate said...

Total black. There won't be that much difference but I always feel good when I re-dye.

Kylie and I's arrangement is simple: no relationship 'politics'. No screaming, shouting or drama

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...