Friday, May 18, 2007

THE RUBBISH MUSIC TASTE OF A-LISTERS

Today Keira Knightly and her equally overrated and wooden co-star Orlando Bloom were on local commercial station BRMB today, promoting the upcoming movie 'Pop Up Pirates in the Caribbean 3'.
They were asked the usual imaginative questions "What was it like to hold a sword? What do you do when you're not acting?' and asked to pick some songs. I thought it was funny that these stars, who wouldn't be seen anywhere near this shitty station had they nothing to pimp, picked THE EXACT SAME SELECTION OF SONGS BRMB ALWAYS PLAY! Orlando or Knightly didn't buck the trend with Scissor Sisters, Lily Allen and The Commercial Radio Friendly Pop Band etc.
If it was me, I would have asked them to play the entire score of War of the Worlds, Godspeed you Black Emperor or some DJ Format. I'd use my star power for good, not evil.
What station is going to argue with them? These supposed A-Listers? Unless, and this is a stretch, the whole thing was scripted.

I'd hate to see their ipods, I really would. I'd throw them at Johnny Depp and tell him to knock off this Keith Richards crap.

5 comments:

Maja said...

I've totally lost respect for them now.

Mimey said...

BRMB is a good excuse for compulsory deafness.

Anonymous said...

i like the scissor sisters but i know they are mindless and lame when it really comes down to it. i KNOW. ;)

Christopher D. Bate said...

Scissor Sisters are okay. All good fun. It's just that this station plays them every five minutes. You'd think YOUNG HOLLYWOOD would shake shit up.

Christopher D. Bate said...

P.S Jemima is totally right.

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...