Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Long Freakend

I had a great easter, a mix of hearty rocking and lovely resting. Thursday and Friday were the rocking days, dedicated to that familiar art of drinking and dancing. Thursday was ROOOCKK at The Planet, grooving (on stage, no less) to old metal, new metal, lost treasures and writing Alan Partridge quotes on the sweaty, moist walls of that gloriously unglorified warehouse that passes for a club.
Friday, we checked out some local bands and went to their aftershow shindig. It was a lovely blur.
I recommend Kid Captain and Bridge 55 to you. Musical cookies to be enjoyed.
Saturday, Kylie and I went shopping. I had intended to pick up some new jeans and a mop but we ended up buying an Xbox 360. We've been killing zombies (Dead Rising) and Magic Making (Elder Scrolls: Oblivion) ever since. Between that there has been a spring clean, some sondtrack work for the film I'm working on and some watching early Steve Martin flicks. Steve Martin is a hero of mine but his comedy stock is fallen in recent years. Give me 'Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid' over 'Bringing Down The House' any day (but that's a given)
I've seen this bright yellow bass at the music store across the street from us. My friend hates it but I think it's not without it's charms. Yellow has always been my favourite colour. I'll buy it and name it Geddy Gordan, in honour of two, faaaaaaar superior bass players.


Kylie and I may form a travelling band. A band that travels by bus.

3 comments:

Devil Mood said...

A bright yellow bass, I really like that! :)
I never made my mind up about Steve Martin: I mean, I laughed but I always thought 'I can believe I'm laughing at such stupidity' lol

Stephanie said...

I salute you in your Geddy Gordon naming. :)

Christopher D. Bate said...

It's 'smart stupidity', like early Woody Allen. Stevie's later stuff was just completely banal. It's easy to be on the fence about Steve Martin as his career is two sided..one good, one terrible.

Stephanie--I thought you'd like it!

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...