Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Holes In My Pockets

I checked my bank account today and I recoiled in terror. I spend too much last weekend and this weekend it's rent day. Yah-Boo-Sucks
I have very little coins to do anything. No rupees or mega credits to get drunk on. How will I cope? Well, I'm not dependent on booze but I can't be the only sober mule in the stable of joy.
Had I known that my single situation in 2005 would transform into a loved up, let's-build-a-future one, I would have saved, saved, saved. I didn't know I was going to go somewhere in life so I never really thought about tomorrow. It was fun and I regret nothing. I just wish i'd been a tad smarter with money or knuckled down into a decent job...bypassing the shit holes I've slithered through. Like I say, money was never an issue. Still isn't to a degree. I just wish I could treat my girl and travel more.
I would cry but I'm going to sell my tear ducts.

Ah, could be worse. Look on the bright side. I've been doing that a lot lately. I blame the over-the-counter happy drugs.

Any rich (er) folk reading this, treat your butler nice.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

work overseas!

btw, your new pic is disturbingly mummenshantz-y. I may be spelling that wrong, and you're probably too young to know what I mean :)

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christopher D. Bate said...

I'm not sure but can I wikipedia it?
It's from a series of photos I took on my phone in the toilet at work. Sometimes I need to escape and do something a bit odd.
I have a lot of pent up energy and sitting down in an office doesn't help.

Stephanie said...

Understandable - I'm trapped at a desk all day too :(

I WAS spelling it wrong. AND, I guess they're still around. It's Mummenschanz.
(Let the intro play, then click the one on the lower left.)

Also, here's one from the Muppet Show.

All kinds of fun with masks and puppets to freak the kids way the hell out.

Christopher D. Bate said...

That's oddly cool!

That would have freaked me out as a kid!

Maja said...

That's why I like my credit card. I spend money on that and keep the cash in the bank, although at the moment we don't have any cash bank accounts... just a line of credit, a credit card, a mortgage and investment loans. Debt debt and more debt. Apparently it saves us money though?

Christopher D. Bate said...

I only have a small credit card after paying off my other ones but it's very tempting to start using them again...very tempting

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...