Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sperm For Tickets?

http://www.nme.com/news/festival/35078



If I put the work in, I could probably still get to Glastonbury!



Imagine the T-Shirts: "I stroked my way to Reading 2008, V, Summer Sundae...'


And a meme, a thing I haven't done for ages, that I stole from Dan


When I was a child I wanted to be...

A cartoonist or a Ghostbuster. I quickly realised that I have no artistic talent and that I'm a massive coward.

The moment that changed me for ever...
Kylie's random email changed everything, cheesy as it sounds. Before then I was floundering wildly and not that fussed about making it past 30. I'm not saying that I needed love to cure me because I had it in various, mostly platonic forms. It's just that Kylie helped me to reset the clocks and have a proper 'first love'. We ended up moving in together quicker than I ever thought possible and good things have happened over and over. That myspace mail set off a chain of lovely events.


My greatest inspiration...

I have many. My Dad is a strong candidate because he's creative, he gets me and he entertains people. I have thing neverending addiction to making him proud of me.

My real-life villain...
I usually either crush my foes or shrug them off. If you didn't face villains now and then, you wouldn't know your heroes. I'm surrounded by mine.


If I could change one thing about myself...
I would try to curb my 'downers'. They're just unfair.


At night I dream of...
Oddness and zombies.


What I see when I look in the mirror...
I either want to cry or hug myself. It depends.


My style icon...
Nicky Wire, maybe? A dash of Ryan Adams perhaps. I'm a punky geek.


My favourite item of clothing...
My Jaws t-shirt is my new favourite. I'm in the process of revamping my wardrobe. I used 'revamp' to make it sound more glamourous than it is.


I wish I'd never worn...
All those jumpers and sweaters when I was in my early twenties. I was like a frumpy old man. I also had shit hair..so freaking generic.


It's not fashionable but I like...

Slippers. I don't know what I'd do without them.

You wouldn't know it but I'm very good at...

Writing?
You may not know it but I'm no good at...


Writing?

All my money goes on...
trinkets, books, music, gigs, energy drinks, travel, fancy pants..


If I have time to myself...
I write, listen to Sigur Ros and play Smackdown.


I drive/ride...
A good pair of sturdy legs. I had no other answer for this.


My house/flat is...
Geeky cool. A mixture of girly man and shiney girly.


My most valuable possession is...
My lamb I've had since I was born.


My favourite building...
The Little Civic? I love that place.


Movie heaven...
Woody Allen, Rocky Horror, early Kevin Smith (But not at the same time as that would be hideous)


A book that changed me...
'Join Me' made me want to be more impulsive.


My favourite work of art...
I see so many cool things that I can't think of just one. It's probably nothing fancy.


The last album I bought/downloaded...
The She and Him record.


The person who really makes me laugh...
Lots of people make me laugh. Kylie makes me laugh the most because I see her crazy ass everyday.


The shop I can't walk past...
rowfers.


The best invention ever...
the laptop?


In ten years time, I hope to be...
More actively creative and not stuck in the grind. I hate the grind.


My greatest regret...
I have a few. All pointless now. You can't go back, can you? Sweet and Sour and all that.


My life in seven words...
Kapow!
Whoosh!
Wow!
What the-?
:) / :(
Cosy
Creative

No comments:

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...