Thursday, March 13, 2008

Hair Blair Bunch/'Giddy Metrosexual Dipshit'

I'm a little tired of my tired image and I feel the need to change. I'm going to start by shaving my crappy hair. The reason for this is because I'm desperate for a hair cut and my town doesn't open past 5 and that's time I finish work. So sick am i of this progressively Hugh Grant, circa 'Four Weddings' curtain do that i need to rid myself of it in a Britney way.
I'm going to change a lot of things. I've been doing some serious thinking lately about who needs to be done. My restless side has kicked in and, if I were a much braver person, I would go into it more deeply. Since I'm a coward, I'm going to keep it all in my head and toss it around like a salad or a bad pancake.
When life gets you down sometimes you just need to shave you head and bid farewell to your bangs. I was thinking that perhaps I should start being a tad more of a man about things. I keep trying to do this, to 'man up', but I always go back to the 'giddy metrosexual dip shit' style.
Actually, that would be a great band name.


Everything points to it being d o w n e r time!

7 comments:

Devil Mood said...

how about a pair of those glasses to match the Hugh Grant look? Remember those big ones? Perhaps you don't have to shave your hair, but add an accessory instead lol

Stephanie said...

I think with creative, writerly people, even if you think you're tossing it all around in your own head, the um...bad pancake...is coming out in ways you don't notice. It's in a character you create, or a song you really identify with.

Also...Lunchtime haircut! If you're in a job which won't let you have a few extra moments in the name of beauty, that's where I'd be directing my thinking.

DanProject76 said...

But we like you as a Just Poofy Enough straight man!

Instead of head shaving, grow a beard.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

sarah said...

i cut my hair off. it was oddly freeing.

"giddy metrosexual dipshit" is a great band name! someone will undoubtably steal it.. thieves.

Christopher D. Bate said...

I didn't shave me head (My friend talked me out of it, knowing how I sometimes get) and opted for a lunchtime haircut. It's shorter but not scary...plus, I've taken steps to curb these horrible downers and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Maja said...

manliness is just an image. No one is really that manly. They all just pretend.

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...