Thursday, April 03, 2008

Personal History

Ten years ago, I was in college, floundering around with, bad dress sense bad hair and bad decisions.
I don't know why I picked history, for example.

I'm not sure what I got from college. It was confusing for the most part and I wore brown jeans. Ugh. Brown jeans with white trainers. A total wreck.

I wanted to be a house DJ too. Mercy.

I met Moves Mansell though so some good came out of it. It's been one of my most enduring, consistant and important relationships. As I sit, bored in the office, floundering in a different way (But with an amazing girl waiting for me when I get home. Love terrified me ten years ago) I've been thinking about the old days.

I remember when I thought The Prodigy were the best band ever.
I remember when I thought that film making began and ended with Silent Bob.

Coffee is good today.

5 comments:

kimberlina said...

HAHAHAHAHA. house dj. i love it.

and white shoes?! very sexy.

Christopher D. Bate said...

My DJ name?

D.J Freakboy.

Oh yes.

Devil Mood said...

Oh you're in a thinking-day. ;)
College was a bit of a blur for me too. I wasn't drunk but I didn't really know what I was doing. I think we just go with the flow until we're not students anymore and really need to focus on what we want to do.

Maja said...

I used to think the Prodigy were awesome, too...

Stephanie said...

I recently reflected on the days I though boys with big hair in very tight pants made good music - Whitesnake just passed through here. I had a weird phase of very crap music. Never much liked Prodigy, but did love NIN. Though...now it's kinda boys with big hair wearing girl jeans, huh? Oh well, this too shall pass, I suppose.

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...