Monday, December 29, 2008

2008 IN RANDOM LIST FORM..

I'd like to thank the following people for their input on my 2008:

(Think of this as record sleeve notes)

Kylie, The Posnetts, Paul 'Truman' Truman (For all of those geek Wednesdays and shopping), Nick (For the dancing and being, well, a good brother), Matt and Kat, Tom and Lucy (For Nieghbourly kindness), Allan and Daisy (For chinwags at The Gifford), Dan H (For meet ups, mixes and all sorts), Super L (For making Summer Sundae great and for her impressive rock star stalking), David J, The MIGHTY, MIGHTY Heffman (For the XBOX and Tea sessions), The Steve (For coming back to rock), Gaz 'The Viking' Moran (For The Invitational and other great goings on. Always marvellous hanging with the Moran Man. Even when we're listening to Girls Aloud..loudly), Rich Rowbottom (The former Grimleys man is endlessly amusing and has the best drunken bathroom story ever) Vij (For being a fine co-worker and collaborator), Chris F and all at Bent Soul Productions (Whatever happens, I've had a blast writing for the show. Fingers crossed), Ryan and Kyle (For being my fictional friends and venting outlets), Joe Johnson (For making The Lonely Heart and for future, artistic outlets), Ben Baker (For the comedy and 'pick me up' websites), Adam and Corinna (The King and Queen of Canada), Jon Sheridan (For Liverpool based frolicals) and everyone else, online or otherwise, who has brought some joy to the walking cartoon that is my life.

MUSICAL HIGHLIGHTS:::::

Bowerbirds - Hymns From a Dark Horse

Elbow - The Seldom Seen Kind

Maurie Stern - This is…

The Grates - Teeth Lost, Hearts Won

Frightened Rabbit - Midnight Organ Fight

Foals - Antidotes

Shearwater- Rook

Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago

Okkervil River - The Stand Ins

M83 - Saturdays=Youth (This record is so good it makes me feel glad to be alive)

Department Of Eagles - In Ear Park

Dr Dog - Fate


2 comments:

DanProject76 said...

I thank you too...

Christopher D. Bate said...

May our geeky (but cool) meet ups carry on until you are sick of us!

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...