Tuesday, December 30, 2008

i-MONKEY

As I pack the bits and bobs, Lester P. Mason listens to The Shins.

These days are strange. Christmas limbo. It's still festive time but it's not festive enough. People are back and work and weary. We're moving in a couple of days. It's a odd feeling.
I always get reflective during the last days of the year and I start to remember the things I didn't do. I just ran out of time. We plotted to go to Canada but that didn't happen. Going away is a must. Still, it has been a wild ride in 2008 and, it seems, that 2009 will kick off in an interesting way. Life is like the adventure game book Kylie put in my stocking this Christmas.

6 comments:

Maja said...

The time does tend to get away from us. But as Bertrand Russell said (I think): The time you enjoy wasting is not a waste of time.

Moving sucks! But it's good for sorting out junk. Have fun with that!

Christopher D. Bate said...

Most of our stuff has either been thrown out or given to charity so it'll be an easy move. It's already a simple move since we are staying in the same building. We don't even need a van. Small mercies.

Anonymous said...

AWH! look at Lester P. Mason he is funky!
bleh i hate moving. our ceiling is leaking and ruining our couch. fun.

hi to the lovely lady as well!

Christopher D. Bate said...

She says hi. She's currently killing orcs and things on Oblivion.

Devil Mood said...

Hey Chris, you're back! Have a great 2009!

Christopher D. Bate said...

You too!

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...