Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hobby Horse

I'm looking forward to this freakend more than any other freakend of recent weeks. I plan to combine the time with much-needed writing, Xbox sessions with Aaron, cheer-up drinking with my under-the-weather brother and other antics.
I don't work fridays thanks to my kind-hearted boss giving me that day off to write and "get the other thing sorted". It's good that he encourages this because, in the past, my nine-to-five slave masters have tried to crush the hobby like a multi-coloured bug. The fools! Thanks to not having to get up tomorrow, I can do my time-honoured 'writing until stupid o'clock' method. This seems to work well for me as the more bonkers ideas come forth. It might seem like I'm writing all this for no real reason and you'd be HALF right (in a way). At the moment however, people are actually waiting on me. I've tried to keep myself busy with projects either by helping people or writing things for people to film. It's a nice feeling akin to how people must feel about sports. It's also nice to be wanted and appreciated. It feeds the ego that will eventually leave me with a God complex or cause me to join a cult that believes in robots, space ships and crap sci-fi writers. I'll leave that to The Cruiser. I wonder how bent that guys soul is...Hmm...

7 comments:

Maja said...

How awesome you get time off to write!

gusgreeper said...

XBOX rules.


that is all.

ps. i asked you a very very important question on neko in response to one of your comments :)

Christopher D. Bate said...

Maja: Good job too because I've actually got lots to do now. I'm really, really busy with various exciting 'projects'. Very exciting and I'd never complain!

Corinna: I'll check it out.

P.S When I finally get on xbox live, we shall have to battle/team up or something

geezer squeezer! said...

i'm in that cult!
do you play xbox online? if so, whats your *nerd* gamer tag??? mine is uncle geezer
send me a friend request.and if none of this makes sense,disregard all.... :)

Christopher D. Bate said...

I'm hopefully getting live soon. I'll def contact you as soon as I get it.

zuzula said...

hope you got lots done and xbox didn't eat up all your time (I lost HOURS on sunday playing sudoko on my iphone. sudoko of all things! i am numerically illiterate but it was still so absorbing)

Anonymous said...

totally!! i am gusgreeper and im pretty sure adam is abciv and if not that then abc4. or wait after you invite me he can just invite you. BLOODY GENIUS!

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...