Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Leave it out, Ozzy!

THE OSBOURNES ANNOUNCE STAR-STUDDED CHARITY SINGLE
(NME.com with subtle changes by yours truly)
OZZY and SHARON OSBOURNE have announced their plans to record a star-studded cover of ERIC CLAPTON’s ’TEARS IN HEAVEN’ to benefit the victims of the Asian tsunami.
Elton John, Gwen Stefani, Pink, Velvet Revolver, Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler, Rod Stewart, Robbie Williams , Ozzy and Kelly Osbourne (God no! - CB) are amongst the artists lined up to sing on the track.
Sales of the song will go to benefit the Disasters Emergency Committee’s Tsunami Earthquake Appeal.
Produced by Sharon and ’Pop Idol’ judge Simon Cowell, the recording will kick off on Thursday (January 20) at London’s Whitfield Street Studios with
John, Velvet Revolver and opera star Andrea Bocelli laying down their vocals.
According to MTV News, Stefani,
Williams, the Osbournes, Stewart and Josh Groban will record their parts a week later in Los Angeles.
Tyler is set to put his parts down in Boston, while
Pink will record in New York.
’Tears In Heaven’ was originally recorded by
Clapton following the tragic death of his four-year-old son Conor in 1991.
Further details of when the new version will be released are yet to be confirmed.
The Disaster Emergency Committee have already received $19,000 in donations from The Osbournes and the family have recorded a public service announcement asking others to help.



Jesus, haven't they suffered enough? Why can't those rich morons just give them a few million and spare us and them ANOTHER shitty charity record? I'm kind of cynical towards these sort of things because, as the recent Band Aid 20 proved, it's all out the ego and exposure of the supposed artists involved rather than for the plight of the unfortunate.
If I had the money I would give as much as I could. I wouldn't make it into 'good publicity' thing. Call me cynical but that's what I feel this really is. Besides, that track was personal to Eric Clapton after his own tragedy. Sing something else.

1 comment:

Christopher D. Bate said...

It makes me wonder just how much actually goes to the victims. I'm sure these 'well meaning' celebrities have some kind of expenses. Charity records just seem patronising. It's not about the disaster anymore it's more about what The horrible Osbournes are doing.

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...