Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Sniffles And Shambles

My spirits at work have lifted significantly due to the fact that we can now come into work in jeans and tee's.
Simple things please simple minds, it seems. Plus, it helps to spread out trips to the launderette.


In other, more rock and roll 'news', it’s the Babyshambles gig tonight. Peter 'Urchin' Doherty and his merry band of smack heads will be 'performing' at the Academy. I say performing but, as the bands potted history can attest to, the scraggy bandits have a habit of not showing up. This is mostly because of their oh-so-(un)crazy lead singer, a man more famous for messing up, throwing stuff and throwing one up Kate ‘Cocaine’ Moss than anything else.
He looks like some kind of smacked up carnie and sings like he’s being drowned over a period of days.
They have been known to knock out a hot rockabilly tune now and then. Sometimes songs replace the scandals.
I'm going out of morbid curiosity and because I promised Mans I would. The man has got his hands on a shit load of tickets to various bands (Franz, Kaisers and so on and so many)
Anyway, A promise is a promise is a promise and a gig is a gig.


It’s better to be out than in, isn’t it?

I know it won't be as grand as Okkervil River (Are you listening to those guys yet? Hurry, hurry before the bandwagon gets too big and everyone like them.)

-Things have been halted slightly because of my cold. I'm full up with it. Streaming. I can't look at a screen too long without my eyes watering and my voice sounds like Rod Stewart being strangled by a clown.

No comments:

Aloofus, Aloofus...

So, it’s 2018. I’m staring down the barrel of my 40’s but with the same goofy mindset I honed in my 20’s. Mentally, it doesn’t feel as bad a...